- Africa Centre for Biodiversity
- Biowatch South Africa
- Durban Centre of The Wildlife and Environment Society
- EarthLife Africa (ELA) Cape Town
- EarthLife Africa (ELA) Durban
- EarthLife Africa (ELA) Johannesburg
- Eastern Cape Environmental Network
- Environmental Monitoring Group (EMG)
- GeaSphere (South Africa)
- groundWork (FoE SA)
- KZN Coastal branch of the Botanical Society of SA (BotSoc)
- South Durban Community Environmental Alliance (SDCEA)
- The Green Network
- Woman's Leadership and Training Programme (WLTP)
- Zululand Environmental Alliance (ZEAL)
Timberwatch's management committee is made up of representatives of its NGO members and individuals who are elected at a general meeting.
Timberwatch co-operates with international organisations with aims similar to ours, such as the World Rainforest Movement (WRM), Friends of the Earth international (FOEI), and the Global Forest Coalition (GFC).
Our vision for industrial tree plantations (ITPs) in southern Africa is for them to be allowed only where they do not harm rural people’s livelihoods, health and welfare, nor cause damage to the natural environment. Timberwatch has called for a moratorium on the South African government allowing new ITPs to be established on any naturally vegetated land, or on agricultural land with productive potential. See the statement HERE.
PO Box 30577, Mayville, 4058, South Africa.
Tel: +27 (0) 82-4442083 Fax: +27 (0)866178379
Not for Profit Organisation registration number 046-194-NPO